How to add a Shared Mailbox to the iPhone?
We often hear this, consistently people are told that you can’t add Shared Mailbox to the iPhone but we are here to squash this belief and show you how to add a Shared Mailbox to the iPhone.
Providing you have full Mailbox permissions then you can quite easily add a Shared Mailbox to your iPhone, after this you will stop asking how to add a shared Mailbox to the iPhone.
How to add a shared Mailbox to the iPhone?
The first steps are to take out your iPhone then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings
- Passwords & Accounts
- Add Account (account will be IMAP)
- Enter Name, Shared Mailbox Email Address, Password (Personal Account Password), Description
- Enter the Info again Host Name use outlook.office365.com
- Username is entered as Personal email (with Shared Mailbox permission followed by / and then the Shared Mailbox name such as firstname.lastname@example.org/info this would add the Mailbox email@example.com
- Enter Outgoing Mail Server as smtp.office365.com
- Username is personal E-mail address and password
See Screenshots To See The Visual Steps
From Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other
Select Add Mail Account
Enter Shared Mailbox E-mail address and Personal Account Password
Enter Hostname with Outlook.office365.com and username contains personal E-mail address followed by / followed by Shared Mailbox name
Once added the tick boxes will show
The account will provide optional Mail and Notes that can be switched on or off
Need help or want to know more?
If you would like to learn more or would like to discuss working together, complete our online form below or visit our Support Portal.
Alternatively, book an appointment via our scheduler or call 01423 423068.
Book an Appointment