We have been getting calls for users seeing error 0x8004210a let’s look at why
Microsoft Outlook is very popular among the business world. Over the years Outlook has expanded the feature set and improved the security to encourage business use. There are downsides to this though, as Outlook increases the features and security features there can be quite a few niggles. The Internet is filled with troubleshooting information about Outlook and how to resolve errors, just browsing Forums online you can see this in action so lets look into?0x8004210a in more detail.
What Is Error 0x8004210a?
We commonly see error 0x8004210a in Outlook 2016, however from searching online the error has been shown from 2007, 2010, 2013. The error can be caused by misconfiguration such as SSL settings or port settings.
How Do I Fix It?
If you feel confident enough to attempt yourself see the options to try below, however if you feel like you need some assistance then complete the form below.
Things to try
- Check your Anti-Virus software considers Outlook safe. You can opt to allow it to pass through Outlook, although not recommended as it would allow e-mails to pass through unchecked.
- Launch Outlook in Safe Mode. From the Run dialog box type Outlook.exe /Safe this would rule out an Add-in causing the issue.
- Increase server timeout duration as follows:
- From the Outlook File menu option open Account Settings
- Select the affected email account and click on Change
- Click on More Settings
- In the Internet Email Settings pop-up window, switch to the Advanced tab and increase the server timeout time according to the requirement
- Click on OK
- Repair Outlook installation by going to Control Panel, Add-Remove programs and selecting the installation of either Outlook or Office 365 and select repair.
- Create a new Outlook profile and try to send-receive email using it. Please follow the below steps:
- From Control Panel – Mail – Show Profiles
- Then go to Control Panel – Mail – Show Profiles and click on Add to create a new Outlook profile
- Give it proper details and click on Finish to complete setup for the new profile
- From Control Panel – Mail – Show Profiles select the profile you just created and select the Always use this profile setting to set this profile as the default
If none of the above steps work then you could contact us for assistance, either complete the form below or call 03330 509625